Eme and Mommy took a big trip this last week to visit PaPa in California. When we went out there PaPa's name was Ganpaw, but Eme changed it mid-visit and Papa seemed to stick. Anyhow, Eme and Mommy flew on the plane for a really long time and arrived a Papa's house at about 1:00 in the morning. Then we slept, got up played, fell down in the street and really hurt our lip and spent the rest of that day recovering. The next day when we were driving to Santa Cruz, we got into a minor accident where the person that hit us left the scene of the accident and was amazingly picked up by the Highway Patrol in less than 5 minutes. Then, Eme got to see the Pacific Ocean for the very first time. She loves the beach, but she certainly had never seen a beautiful beach like that. We visited with Papa and his friends and had a very good time. They also have a terrific playground in Modesto, so we spent a lot of time playing there on Saturday morning. Eme was so good on the airplane on the way back that it gave mommy confidence that we might be able to fly to see Papa again. Of course, we like it even better when he comes to visit us! : )
1 comment:
I had such a wonderful time with Eme and Heather and am so glad they came to visit. I hope Jeff comes next time. We all missed him.
Showing Eme the Pacific was a special pleasure. As much as I love NC's Outer Banks, I had a real need to show Eme the coast of Northern California, which is just stunningly beautiful. And it was really nice that my friend Carol was with us and helped us find our way to Bonnie Doone Beach just north of Santa Cruz.
I'm leaving my posting name as Gampaw until I'm a little clearer how the new one is to be pronounced (and spelled). It's not quite Papa nor it quite Pawpaw, which is what my maternal grandfather was called. That should become clearer on my Christmas visit to NC.
Love,
Whatever Eme's calling me now
Post a Comment